Stop using Braided Safety Blue® with slaice®, Arbor Elite with slaice® and pottsblitz with slaice®, CEclimb 12 with slaice®!
TEUFELBERGER was informed of an incident where one slaice on a Braided Safety Blue opened while the rope was in use. Nobody was harmed.
As a measure of precaution we decided to immediately inform our customers to stop using Braided Safety Blue® with slaice®, Arbor Elite with slaice®, pottsblitz with slaice® and CEclimb 12 with slaice®.
The following products are affected:
Product name: Braided Safety Blue® with slaice® (Hi-Vee with slaice®, Ultra-Vee with slaice®, T-Vee with slaice®), Arbor Elite with slaice® and pottsblitz with slaice®, CEclimb 12 with slaice®
Date of production: January 2014 – September 2019
Serialnumber: 2014-xxxxxx to 19/09-yyy
Reason: Potential malfunction of the rope termination
What to do?
- Retire slaice® from use! Mark clearly and unambiguously as “not for use”!
- Cut off the slaice by 50 cm minimum
- You may continue using your rope with a figure-8-knot instead. Mind the course of the load bearing rope section (see PDF). Deviating knot design considerably reduce the breaking load. You are not allowed to make any other termination!
- If possible in the intended application, label the rope end with the following information that you will find on the existing label:
– Type A, diameter in mm, number of the standard (EN 1891) year of manufacture (at least the last two digits), manufacturer, batch no.
- If usage with figure-8-knot is not possible we offer the following two options:
– Receive a voucher, go to your dealer and choose a TEUFELBERGER product.
– Receive an exact replacement depending on availability. This can take up to 12 months.
How to do it:
- Cut off the slaice® including the label
- Take a photo of the slaice® that you have cut off and of the label with serial number.
- Go to our online claim form …
- Follow the instructions on the site and fill in the form
The following products are not affected by this product recall and are safe to use:
- Tachyon with slaice®
- drenaLINE with slaice®
- CEclimb 11 (with Tachyon 11.5 with slaice®)
- All other TEUFELBERGER ropes including Braided Safety Blue and Arbor Elite without end termination
- All other TEUFELBERGER ropes including Braided Safety Blue and Arbor Elite with any end termination except slaice®
We are fully aware of the inconvenience caused by this issue. Please accept our apologies and know we take this issue very seriously. The safety of our users is TEUFELBERGER’s first priority. Thank you for your continued trust.
Here you find the full documentation. >> Safety Notice
Here you find the frequently asked questions (FAQ) for download: >> Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)